Two people were injured after being struck by a vehcile this afternoon in the round-a-bout of West Gage Boulevard and North Center Parkway in Kennewick.
According a press release, the accident took just before 5 PM. The victims have been identified as 26-year-old Raquel Middleton and 30-year-old Ty Cornwell.
Upon arriving at the scene, officers found Middleton lying in the eastbound lane on West Gage Boulevard unconscious. An unknown physician happened to be in the area and assisted officers with CPR. The other victim, Ty Cornwell, who was with Middleton, suffered a laceration to one of his arms.
The driver of the vehicle, a 16-year-old girl whose vehicle hit a large rock in the middle of the round-a-bout. The airbags deployed. She suffered unknown injuries and was conscious when police arrived at the scene.
An investigation is ongoing and all parties involved were transported to Kadlec Medical Center in Richland for treatment.
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities
- Tri-City Americans picked 9th, 16th overall in NHL draft
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations