On 05-24-14 at 0211 hrs, a Yakima Police officer on patrol heard a commotion in the 400 block of North Naches Avenue. While checking on the commotion, he observed individuals running from the immediate area. One male was on the ground suffering from a stab wound to his lower left torso. A 2nd male suffered a knife wound to his hand. Officers later learned that the two males had been involved in a verbal disagreement that turned physical. When the first male began assaulting the 2nd male, the 2nd male produced a knife and stabbed the first male in the side. The first male then fled a short distance and fell to the ground where he was later contacted by police. Paramedics transported both males to local hospitals for treatment of knife wounds. None of the injuries were considered life threatening and both males were treated and released. Police are still continuing to investigate. Anyone with additional information about this incident is urged to contact the Yakima Police Department at (509) 575-6200.
- Local youth refugee performance works to inspire positive change
- Community rallies behind Meals on Wheels
- Store owners on high alert due to shoplifting spike in Kennewick
- Wildlife, forestry groups presenting in Yakima for 4-day convention
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome