The Kennewick Fire Department is asking for your help in catching whoever is responsible for setting multiple fires along Highway 240.
On July 25th, the Kennewick Fire Department responded to a brush fire in the median of Highway 240. The fire was confined to a small area of sagebrush and no ignition source was found.
Since the 25th of July, Kennewick Fire Department has responded to an additional 14 fires on Highway 240 between the Edison off-ramp and the Highway 395 roundabout.
If anyone has observed anything being thrown from a vehicle or material coming off of a vehicle that may have been an ignition source, please contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 with details.
If you do observe a fire along a highway or anywhere else, please call 9-1-1 immediately to report it. Do not attempt to extinguish the fire yourself, wait for the Fire Department to respond with appropriate means of blocking traffic and extinguish the fire.
- Firework stands open up on tribal land
- Authorities warning swimmers after man was swept away in Yakima River
- Man fatally shot by Kent police during pursuit identified
- Credit card skimmers on the rise in grocery stores
- Veterans benefiting from free community acupuncture
- Wildfires in central Washington cover more than 6,000 acres