The Yakima police department seeks the public’s assistance in identifying a person of interest following the death of 62-year-old Jerene Matte.
Police released today photographs taken from ATM and surveillance video from banks in the area of 3rd St and E. Yakima Ave during the evening hours of 12/7/13. The subject depicted is a person of interest in this case. Notably, the subject is wearing a baseball style hat with a logo on the front. The vehicle depicted is a dark colored, mid-size car.
Matta's bank account was accessed during these ATM transactions, and the transactions occurred several hours after she was discovered deceased in her home.
This investigation is ongoing, and Yakima police detectives are following up on several promising leads.
If anyone has information that may be relevant to this investigation they are encouraged to contact the Yakima police department at 575-6200 or call 911. You can also contact:
Detective Drew Shaw 576-6791
Det. Sgt. Tim Bardwell 576-6552
- Returning property owners not convinced Mother Nature is to blame for recent flooding
- Yakima council presents draft of ‘inclusive public safety ordinance'
- Yakima council votes against raising car tab fees
- Richland extends Benton County jail contract
- First eating disorder treatment program begins in Kennewick
- Jury hears interview with defendant during retrial for former police officer accused of rape