The City of Yakima Fire Department responded to a reported fire in the area of 10th Ave and W. Nob Hill. The first arriving engine reported there was fire in the roof area. Fire attack lines were deployed to quell the flames and special metal cutting saws were used to access the mechanical room where the seat of the fire originated.
The reporting person was at the adjacent espresso stand. She smelled smoke, called 911 and witnessed the power line drop onto the roof of the car wash.
PP&L quickly came to the scene and removed the power line to the business.
The cause of the fire is accidental. Fire investigators believe the cause of the fire was electrical in nature.
Damage is estimated at $250,000.
- Goats return to manage levee vegetation along Mill Creek
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Thrift store and non-profit continues fight against homelessness
- Police arrest suspect in murder of 14-year-old boy
- Man charged with assaulting 7-week-old daughter
- 10-year-old donates earnings to shooting victim's family