Kennewick Police are investigating a home invasion and attempted rape.
Police say Jamie Torres pushed his way into a home on the 100 block of East 15th Avenue Saturday Morning. Armed with a knife, Torres allegedly assaulted a woman inside and attempted to sexually assault her. Responding officers located Torres hiding outside the residence and arrested him.
He was booked into the Benton County Jail for burglary in the 1st degree with sexual motivation and assault 2nd Degree, both felonies.
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima
- Man shot by deputy in Burien was carrying pen, not knife
- Lawsuit filed following police shooting in Washington state
- 5 year old girl found unconscious in pool
- Ex-boyfriend kills new boyfriend and then himself
- West Richland residents hold petition signing against new cannabis shop