Kennewick Police are investigating a home invasion and attempted rape.
Police say Jamie Torres pushed his way into a home on the 100 block of East 15th Avenue Saturday Morning. Armed with a knife, Torres allegedly assaulted a woman inside and attempted to sexually assault her. Responding officers located Torres hiding outside the residence and arrested him.
He was booked into the Benton County Jail for burglary in the 1st degree with sexual motivation and assault 2nd Degree, both felonies.
- Two police officers promoted in ceremony in West Richland
- Uber driver waits for Pasco city approval
- UPDATE: Community debates Prosser SD staff's actions
- Yakima city leaders still working on an "inclusive public safety ordinance'
- Resident's worried but not shocked as police continue to investigate alleged assault on Greenway
- Winter recreation continues, but Sno-Parks are reducing services