Kennewick Police are investigating a home invasion and attempted rape.
Police say Jamie Torres pushed his way into a home on the 100 block of East 15th Avenue Saturday Morning. Armed with a knife, Torres allegedly assaulted a woman inside and attempted to sexually assault her. Responding officers located Torres hiding outside the residence and arrested him.
He was booked into the Benton County Jail for burglary in the 1st degree with sexual motivation and assault 2nd Degree, both felonies.
- Annual Fire Ops Training shows daily work of a firefighter
- 86-year-old Selah man struck, killed by SUV while driving scooter
- Police trying to identify 2 suspects involved in credit card skimming at Shell station
- Pasco police chief concerned about the identity of potential Uber drivers
- Richland begins construction of second dog park
- WSP to crack down on studded tires