RICHLAND, Wash. - Kadlec Regional Medical Center temporarily went on a lockdown Thursday afternoon due to a potentially threatening email.
A dissatisfied patient was allegedly threatening to attack the hospital with weapons. This led police units to block off all entrances of the building.
While the threat probably wasn’t an imminent, it was likely legitimate, according to Richland Police Capt. Mike Cobb.
He pointed out that lockdowns are not unusual in hospital facilities and that police units were on scene as a precaution until further investigation of the situation.
Police are still investigating the alleged threat. Updates will be added to this story as we receive them.
- Human remains found in Milton-Freewater fire
- Tri-Cities steps up to help rescue dog with severed spine
- Kidnapping murder suspect appears in court
- Deputies, Crime Stoppers look to arrest alien charged with attempted murder
- Trump, Congress punt again on critical Obamacare subsidies
- Woman choked in Columbia Park, police seek suspect and witnesses