RICHLAND, Wash. - Kadlec Regional Medical Center temporarily went on a lockdown Thursday afternoon due to a potentially threatening email.
A dissatisfied patient was allegedly threatening to attack the hospital with weapons. This led police units to block off all entrances of the building.
While the threat probably wasn’t an imminent, it was likely legitimate, according to Richland Police Capt. Mike Cobb.
He pointed out that lockdowns are not unusual in hospital facilities and that police units were on scene as a precaution until further investigation of the situation.
Police are still investigating the alleged threat. Updates will be added to this story as we receive them.
- 'It tears me up:' Trophy shop immortalizes fallen soldiers
- Authorities search for man lost in the Yakima River
- Fire officials urge public to use caution when burning outdoors
- Ride Transit Month: Environmental benefits
- Crews battle fire on I-82 East outside of Prosser
- Multiple injuries in 2 vehicle collision on Clearwater