A Prosser man who pleaded guilty to vehicular homicide while under the influence of alcohol was sentenced yesterday in Kennewick to more than two years in prison.
21-year-old David Godinez killed cyclist Jared Carr of Walla Walla in May 2012.
The crash happened on the Old Inland Empire Highway near Prosser.
Godinez was sentenced to 28 months in prison and will spend 18 months on probation.
- Firework stands open up on tribal land
- Authorities warning swimmers after man was swept away in Yakima River
- Man fatally shot by Kent police during pursuit identified
- Credit card skimmers on the rise in grocery stores
- Veterans benefiting from free community acupuncture
- Wildfires in central Washington cover more than 6,000 acres