The Prosser planning commission is recommending changing zoning ordinances to allow marijuana businesses to only operate in certain areas within city limits.
Commissioners did not discuss an outright ban, but also recommended specifically that growers be restricted to having their operations be inside an enclosed building.
The Prosser city council is expected to meet on the recommendation September 23rd.
Last week the city council voted to enact a 6 month moratorium on recreational marijuana.
The current moratorium does not affect "Altitude" -- the recreational marijuana shop that has already opened in town, but it does mean no other pot shops can open within city limits.
- Tri-Cities Craft Beer Festival this weekend
- BMCC seeks new men's head basketball coach
- Richland homeowners still waiting to file insurance claims after flooding
- New homeless men's facility kicks off in Pasco
- Family of the 14-year-old shot and killed in Yakima mourning his death
- Richland Public Library helps to expand STEAM education