Electoral College members in Washington state cast their ballots for president as protesters gathered at the State Capitol on Monday.
According to Seattle PI dot com, eight of the 12 members voted for Hillary Clinton, three voted for former Secretary of State Colin Powell, and one voted for Faith Spotted Eagle. The first electoral college vote for a native american woman.
Elector Bret Chiafalo, who earlier in the day said he planned to vote for Republican Ohio Gov. John Kasich, voted to Colin Powell
The electors met at noon Monday in Olympia to complete the constitutional formality. Clinton won Washington state, which has 12 electoral votes.
- Yakima council presents draft of ‘inclusive public safety ordinance'
- Yakima council votes against raising car tab fees
- Richland extends Benton County jail contract
- First eating disorder treatment program begins in Kennewick
- Jury hears interview with defendant during retrial for former police officer accused of rape
- 4 arrested after Walmart shoplifting in Pasco