Electoral College members in Washington state cast their ballots for president as protesters gathered at the State Capitol on Monday.
According to Seattle PI dot com, eight of the 12 members voted for Hillary Clinton, three voted for former Secretary of State Colin Powell, and one voted for Faith Spotted Eagle. The first electoral college vote for a native american woman.
Elector Bret Chiafalo, who earlier in the day said he planned to vote for Republican Ohio Gov. John Kasich, voted to Colin Powell
The electors met at noon Monday in Olympia to complete the constitutional formality. Clinton won Washington state, which has 12 electoral votes.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds