The Grant County Sheriff’s Office is asking the public to please do not venture off shore (below the high-water mark of the reservoir) and onto the Columbia River bed upstream from Wanapum Dam.
The riverbed is unstable and extremely dangerous to walk on. Last night, firefighters rescued an adult female who sank up to her waist in the wet sand. She was scared, but thankfully uninjured.
For your safety and the safety of emergency responders, please do not enter the riverbed.
- Bill to help sick nuclear site employees dies in Senate
- Woman rips off gas pump nozzle, eats Taco Bell, goes to jail
- Man steals 2 Mac Books from Kennewick Best Buy
- Prosser librarian on paid administrative leave speaks out at local town hall
- Can China pick up US slack on climate change?
- Westinghouse Electric to file for bankruptcy