The Grant County Sheriff’s Office is asking the public to please do not venture off shore (below the high-water mark of the reservoir) and onto the Columbia River bed upstream from Wanapum Dam.
The riverbed is unstable and extremely dangerous to walk on. Last night, firefighters rescued an adult female who sank up to her waist in the wet sand. She was scared, but thankfully uninjured.
For your safety and the safety of emergency responders, please do not enter the riverbed.
- Three juveniles crash car after robbing market at gunpoint
- Lightning strikes Richland home, burns entire top floor
- Petition against cannabis shop gains traction
- Washington hosting 100 community fireworks displays on 4th of July
- Firework stands open up on tribal land
- Authorities warning swimmers after man was swept away in Yakima River