The family of a 26-year-old woman who was hit by a car and killed while walking near a round-a-bout is hosting a spaghetti feed tonight to raise money for a funeral service.
Raquel Middleton was cremated and her funeral service will take place this weekend.
The family also plans on traveling to the Oregon coast to spread her ashes.
The spaghetti feed pot luck is happening right now at the Kennewick valley grange on 27th Ave. and Washington St. through 8:30 p.m.
Family and friends are working to get all the food together and they will be taking donations.
"It's been amazing and a comfort," said Daryl Middleton, Middleton's brother. "It's been great to see all of the people that loved Raquel and that she loved in return."
They are also playing the Seahawks game at the spaghetti feed.
They hope this can be a time to enjoy food, football and memories of Middleton to celebrate her life.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds