Washington State Police are looking for a missing child and her abductor last seen on Sunday.
Authorities issued an amber alert after Wilma Estrada, 48, was suspected of illegally taking Makayla Estrada Weber, 9, across the border from Canada.
The two were spotted in Blaine, Washington after allegedly going through the Pacific Highway Border Crossing in a gray 2003 Toyota Corolla. The vehicle has since been found empty in Bellingham.
The female suspect is 5 feet 2 inches with dark brown hair and eyes. She was last seen wearing a white jacket, blue jeans and black rain boots with a purse.
The child is 4 feet 5 inches with dark brown hair and bangs. She was last seen in a black jacket and dark pants. Both are of Filipino descent.
While the suspect’s intentions are unknown, police fear for the child’s safety.
The 9-year-old suffers from “selective mutism,” which means she will only speak to specific people she trusts. Police do not believe the child would ask for help if she needed it.
If you have any information on this case, contact police at 253-538-3240.
- Gesa Credit Union placed on lockdown after teller was robbed
- Body of former Hermiston resident found in canal
- Partridge Family star David Cassidy "surrounded by family" in hospital
- Honda recalling 900,000 Odyssey minivans, seats may tip forward
- Richland community members hold early morning Bombers football send off to playoffs