MEDICAL LAKE, Wash. - The Spokane County Sheriff's Office confirms a female victim died in an early-morning house fire on Tuesday.
Firefighters responded to the call located in the 400 block of North Stanley St. in Medical Lake around midnight.
Several additional fire agencies, Airway Heights Fire Department, Fairchild Fire Department, City of Spokane Fire Department and Spokane County Fire Districts 10, 9 & 3 responded to assist.
In addition to the fire and smoke, fire personnel’s efforts to enter the residence was hampered due to the large amount of debris in and around the residence.
It wasn't until after the flames were out that the body was discovered.
Investigators will continue processing the scene and collect evidence as they work to determine the cause of this fire.
The Spokane County Medical Examiner’s Office will release the name of the deceased, along with cause and manner of death at a later time.
- Camp Hope in Yakima sticking around until possibly November
- Funding for Yakima downtown plaza once again a problem
- Healthcare providers bracing for hospital closure in Walla Walla
- Wapato public swimming pool set to open for summer
- Pasco officer donates car seats to vehicle theft victims
- Oregon joins states where roadkill can be harvested for food