An Ellensburg woman survives after two small private planes collide in midair near an airstrip near Cascade, Idaho – about 70 miles north of Boise. The pilot of the other plane was killed.
52-year-old Amy Hoover of Ellensburg was treated and released from a hospital in McCall, according to the Valley County Sheriff’s Office.
Officials say today’s incident involved two planes, one which crashed just over a mile southwest of the airstrip. The second aircraft crashed and killed its pilot about 2.5 miles from the airstrip.
The victim’s name has not been released.
- State lawmakers pull all-nighter to try to reach budget deal, avert government shutdown
- Elderly woman found dead floating in pool
- Three juveniles crash car after robbing market at gunpoint
- Lightning strikes Richland home, burns entire top floor
- Petition against cannabis shop gains traction
- Washington hosting 100 community fireworks displays on 4th of July