SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) -- The Washington State Patrol is investigating an Eastern Washington University student in connection with a traffic accident that killed two college students near Colfax.
Investigation records in the vehicular homicide probe say 21-year-old Erica Polito Moss was drinking in a Pullman bar in the early morning hours of Feb. 21.
The Spokesman-Review reports that after a couple hours of sleep, Moss attempted to drive back to Cheney with three other young women all of them students at EWU.
The documents say her blood alcohol content registered a 0.081, which is above the legal threshold to drive.
Shortly before 5 a.m., her small car slid on what investigators say may have been black ice on state Highway 195. The car collided with a semi-truck pulling two trailers.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds