SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) -- The Washington State Patrol is investigating an Eastern Washington University student in connection with a traffic accident that killed two college students near Colfax.
Investigation records in the vehicular homicide probe say 21-year-old Erica Polito Moss was drinking in a Pullman bar in the early morning hours of Feb. 21.
The Spokesman-Review reports that after a couple hours of sleep, Moss attempted to drive back to Cheney with three other young women all of them students at EWU.
The documents say her blood alcohol content registered a 0.081, which is above the legal threshold to drive.
Shortly before 5 a.m., her small car slid on what investigators say may have been black ice on state Highway 195. The car collided with a semi-truck pulling two trailers.
- Crime Stoppers searching for Yakima County burglary suspect
- Medical supply company files for bankruptcy after 70 years of business
- New study of Seattle's $15 minimum wage says it costs jobs
- Alaska Air offers charter flight for solar eclipse viewing
- Avis to manage Waymo's self-driving cars
- RPD looking for help identifying alleged shoplifters