BREMERTON, Wash. (AP) -- The father of a slain 6-year-old Bremerton girl says he forgives the 17-year-old neighbor suspected of killing and raping his daughter. James Wright tells the Kitsap Sun (http://is.gd/fpInEx ) Gabriel Gaeta "chose wrong" but that "I've already forgiven him." Gaeta is being held in lieu of $1 million bail on investigation of first-degree murder and rape of a child. Jenise's body was found on Aug. 7 in a muddy bog in woods near her home after an intense search. James Wright says Gaeta was considered "part of the family." He and his wife are seeking to regain custody of three children who were removed from their care on Aug. 4 as authorities were investigating Jenise's disappearance. The state placed the children with two adult siblings in Bellingham. The Wrights have a court date Monday.
- Supporters of Hanford Reach worried about Trump action
- Missing Seattle woman found dead in Columbia River
- Police searching for driver missing from car wreck
- Google Maps now remembers where you parked your car
- Seahawk's "Blitz" to entertain students in Yakima today
- Bride of ISIS: From 'happily ever after' to hell