BREMERTON, Wash. (AP) -- The father of a slain 6-year-old Bremerton girl says he forgives the 17-year-old neighbor suspected of killing and raping his daughter. James Wright tells the Kitsap Sun (http://is.gd/fpInEx ) Gabriel Gaeta "chose wrong" but that "I've already forgiven him." Gaeta is being held in lieu of $1 million bail on investigation of first-degree murder and rape of a child. Jenise's body was found on Aug. 7 in a muddy bog in woods near her home after an intense search. James Wright says Gaeta was considered "part of the family." He and his wife are seeking to regain custody of three children who were removed from their care on Aug. 4 as authorities were investigating Jenise's disappearance. The state placed the children with two adult siblings in Bellingham. The Wrights have a court date Monday.
- Afghan troops withdraw from key area in fight with Taliban
- Khalid Masood: What we know about the London attacker
- High school students get glimpse into future careers
- Ducks end Michigan's run with 69-68 victory, head to Elite 8
- CBC officials work to promote healthy studying, combatting drug usage
- Washington state operating budget proposal may cut homeless funding