State troopers received reports of a number of slide-offs and crashes Wednesday morning due to the slick conditions on the area roadways.
Freezing rain caused ODOT and WSDOT to close multiple interstates.
I-84 near Hermiston at the I-82 interchange was closed for a while and cars and semis were stopped on the roadway.
I-84 near the Biggs Jct was also closed in both directions for a portion of the morning for crews to clear accidents.
I-82 between Sunnyside and Zillah has also been closed in both directions for the majority of the morning due to multiple collisions and slide-offs.
- Bud Clary Toyota of Yakima supports student attendance with bicycle give away
- Pilot escapes plane crash unharmed
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack
- Early morning Tanglewood Apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities