Kittitas County Sheriffs Deputy’s along with Kittitas County Search and Rescue responded to the report of an injured hiker near Ingalls Lake located approximately 22 miles northeast of Cle Elum Sunday night around 6:30 PM.
52 year old Roxanne Neusbaum from North Bend was hiking in the area when she slipped off some rocks in the trail injuring her left ankle rendering her unable to walk. Other hikers in the area were able to hike out to the trail head and call for help. Search and Rescue ground teams hiked into the area Sunday night arriving at the patient at approximately 2:00 AM. Search and Rescue personnel were able to stabilize Neusbaum's ankle and stayed with her for the night .
At approximately 08:30 AM the next day, a King County Sheriff's Rescue Helicopter and was able to hoist Neusbaum from the scene. She was airlifted to Devere Field in Cle Elum to an awaiting Ambulance which then transported her to Swedish Hospital in Issaquah for further treatment.
Neusbaum and her hiking partner did not have extra gear or supplies for an extended stay.
- Home Builders Association warns flood victims of scams and provides tips
- Annual Fire Ops Training shows daily work of a firefighter
- 86-year-old Selah man struck, killed by SUV while driving scooter
- Police trying to identify 2 suspects involved in credit card skimming at Shell station
- Pasco police chief concerned about the identity of potential Uber drivers
- Richland begins construction of second dog park