PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) -- A Klamath County sheriff's deputy was shot in the face and side during a traffic stop Wednesday, and police are looking for the suspect. District Attorney Rob Patridge says the suspect is believed to be driving a black 1989 Jeep Cherokee, with the Oregon license plate ZFQ 270. The wounded deputy was taken to Sky Lakes Medical Center. Patridge described his condition as stable. Hospital spokesman Tom Hottman says the deputy was expected to undergo surgery. People with information about the shooting are asked Klamath Falls Police Department tip line at 541-883-5334.
- Residents lose everything in apartment fire over the weekend
- 'It tears me up:' Trophy shop immortalizes fallen soldiers
- Authorities search for man lost in the Yakima River
- Fire officials urge public to use caution when burning outdoors
- Ride Transit Month: Environmental benefits
- Crews battle fire on I-82 East outside of Prosser