PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) -- A Klamath County sheriff's deputy was shot in the face and side during a traffic stop Wednesday, and police are looking for the suspect. District Attorney Rob Patridge says the suspect is believed to be driving a black 1989 Jeep Cherokee, with the Oregon license plate ZFQ 270. The wounded deputy was taken to Sky Lakes Medical Center. Patridge described his condition as stable. Hospital spokesman Tom Hottman says the deputy was expected to undergo surgery. People with information about the shooting are asked Klamath Falls Police Department tip line at 541-883-5334.
- Goats return to manage levee vegetation along Mill Creek
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Thrift store and non-profit continues fight against homelessness
- Police arrest suspect in murder of 14-year-old boy
- Man charged with assaulting 7-week-old daughter
- 10-year-old donates earnings to shooting victim's family