PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) -- A Klamath County sheriff's deputy was shot in the face and side during a traffic stop Wednesday, and police are looking for the suspect. District Attorney Rob Patridge says the suspect is believed to be driving a black 1989 Jeep Cherokee, with the Oregon license plate ZFQ 270. The wounded deputy was taken to Sky Lakes Medical Center. Patridge described his condition as stable. Hospital spokesman Tom Hottman says the deputy was expected to undergo surgery. People with information about the shooting are asked Klamath Falls Police Department tip line at 541-883-5334.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds