A scam entailing bogus arrest warrants have been circulating around Kittitas County. A caller has been telling people they are either from the Kittitas County Courts or from Law Enforcement advising people they have an arrest warrant for failing to appear for court or jury duty. They are asking for a sum of money to take the warrant out of the system.
The Kittitas County Sheriff's Office says law enforcement does not collect money for bail outside of the jail. The local Courts do not call you if you have an arrest warrant. Warrants are a mandatory appearance in front of a judge in order for the warrant to be quashed.
If you have received a phone call like this please call your local law enforcement.
- Search amplifies in forest west of Naches for 20-year-old missing since Friday
- Amazon Prime Day promo starts night of July 10, now 30 hours
- Modi to become first Indian Prime Minister to visit Israel
- Controversial cannabis shop put on hold
- Tri-Cities Community Health CEO sees no benefits in GOP health care plan
- Kennewick Fire warns fireworks could result in $5,000 fine, jail time