Four Ellensburg juveniles have been identified as vandalizing twenty-three mailboxes throughout lower Kittitas County. Kittitas County Sheriff Deputies have been working on solving a two night spree of mailbox vandalism spanning from Naneum Road west to Thorp Cemetery Road. Mailboxes were reported being smashed and knocked down over Monday and Tuesday night. Evidence at the scene linked a vehicle belonging to an Ellensburg juvenile. A total of four juveniles were eventually identified as participating in the vandalism.
Three juveniles age 17 and one age 15, used sandbags, rocks and a baseball bat to knock down mailboxes. The total dollar amount of damage is still being calculated. All four juveniles and their parents have cooperated with the investigation. The case will be forwarded to the Prosecutor's Office for charging considerations.
If you believe you have been a victim you are encouraged to file a report with the Sheriff's Office.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds