From Kittitas County-
Kittitas County, WA -06/09/2014 - A missing 20 year old male from King County was found deceased in the Teanaway River south of the 29 Pines Campground. A group of campers camped at the 29 Pines Campground in the Teanaway Valley noticed their friend missing late on June 7th. After unsuccessfully searching for him, his companions called Law Enforcement to report him missing on June 8th. Kittitas County Search and Rescue volunteers located the missing person submerged in the river approx. .25 miles south of the campground deceased.
The exact cause of death is undetermined at this time. The Kittitas County Coroner and the Kittitas County Sheriff's Office are investigating the incident. At this time the next of kin has not been notified. More information will be available after the next of kin notifications have been concluded.
- 'It tears me up:' Trophy shop immortalizes fallen soldiers
- Authorities search for man lost in the Yakima River
- Fire officials urge public to use caution when burning outdoors
- Ride Transit Month: Environmental benefits
- Crews battle fire on I-82 East outside of Prosser
- Multiple injuries in 2 vehicle collision on Clearwater