LYNNWOOD, Wash. (AP) -- A 14-year-old developmentally disabled girl who disappeared while riding her bicycle has been located, and police have arrested a 60-year-old man found with her.
The Snohomish County sheriff's office says police in Lynnwood arrested the man on an outstanding warrant. It was not immediately known what the relationship was between the man and Harwood.
Elizabeth Harwood was not injured but was taken to a local hospital for evaluation.
Police located the two in Lynnwood, about 15 miles southwest of the girl's home in Snohomish. She was last seen around noon Wednesday riding to a friend's house.
The sheriff's office said Elizabeth has the mental capacity of a younger child.
- Yakima council presents draft of ‘inclusive public safety ordinance'
- Yakima council votes against raising car tab fees
- Richland extends Benton County jail contract
- First eating disorder treatment program begins in Kennewick
- Jury hears interview with defendant during retrial for former police officer accused of rape
- 4 arrested after Walmart shoplifting in Pasco