LYNNWOOD, Wash. (AP) -- A 14-year-old developmentally disabled girl who disappeared while riding her bicycle has been located, and police have arrested a 60-year-old man found with her.
The Snohomish County sheriff's office says police in Lynnwood arrested the man on an outstanding warrant. It was not immediately known what the relationship was between the man and Harwood.
Elizabeth Harwood was not injured but was taken to a local hospital for evaluation.
Police located the two in Lynnwood, about 15 miles southwest of the girl's home in Snohomish. She was last seen around noon Wednesday riding to a friend's house.
The sheriff's office said Elizabeth has the mental capacity of a younger child.
- Lightning strikes Richland home, burns entire top floor
- Petition against cannabis shop gains traction
- Washington hosting 100 community fireworks displays on 4th of July
- Firework stands open up on tribal land
- Authorities warning swimmers after man was swept away in Yakima River
- Man fatally shot by Kent police during pursuit identified