A group of more than 70 property owners is suing the state and two construction companies demanding compensation for losses suffered in the August 2012 Taylor Bridge fire.
The fire damaged more than 37 square miles of timber and grasslands and destroyed 61 homes.
An investigation by the state Department of Natural Resources found sparks from construction work started the fire.
The lawsuit alleges both the two construction companies and the state failed to take the proper precautions to prevent or contain the fire.
The extent an type of losses, including the total claim for damages has not been disclosed.
- Community scared after recent violence in Yakima
- Goats return to manage levee vegetation along Mill Creek
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Thrift store and non-profit continues fight against homelessness
- Police arrest suspect in murder of 14-year-old boy
- Man charged with assaulting 7-week-old daughter