PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) -- The state Employment Department says Oregon's jobless rate was 6.9 percent in July, up from 6.8 percent the month before. The agency says employers added 200 jobs in July, following a revised loss of 3,000 jobs in June. Manufacturing and health care were two industries that expanded substantially in July, but their gains were largely offset by losses in retail trade and private educational services. Though the unemployment rate inched higher last month, it is down from 8 percent in July of last year and 8.7 percent in July 2012.
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima
- Man shot by deputy in Burien was carrying pen, not knife
- Lawsuit filed following police shooting in Washington state
- 5 year old girl found unconscious in pool
- Ex-boyfriend kills new boyfriend and then himself
- West Richland residents hold petition signing against new cannabis shop