PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) -- The state Employment Department says Oregon's jobless rate was 6.9 percent in July, up from 6.8 percent the month before. The agency says employers added 200 jobs in July, following a revised loss of 3,000 jobs in June. Manufacturing and health care were two industries that expanded substantially in July, but their gains were largely offset by losses in retail trade and private educational services. Though the unemployment rate inched higher last month, it is down from 8 percent in July of last year and 8.7 percent in July 2012.
- Sunnyside police officer resigns after domestic violence allegations
- Layton Park vandalism suspect caught on camera
- Deputies investigating Kennewick woman's unknown cause of death
- Pasco Police searching for man involved in active case
- Ford to invest $1.2 billion in Michigan plants
- Amazon buys Souq in big play for Middle East market