This is an email that we got today from a woman in Richland advising of a possible telephone phishing scam with a caller claiming to be from the IRS:
I have gotten 4 phone calls this morning from 202-459-6109. The pre-recorded message is of an Asian sounding male, purportedly an IRS agent, calling with an important message concerning a law suit that is being filed against me. It goes on to warn, if I don’t call back this number, asking for Dean Jones, all he can do is to wish me luck. I have looked the number up on the internet, and many complaints are being lodged about this very phone call. I have not called back the number, but am worried that unsuspecting receivers of these calls may be scammed into something. Thank you.
- Prosser school district works to amend social media policy
- China launches first homegrown aircraft carrier
- Dash cam footage from DUI arrest of Yakima City Councilwoman Carmen Mendez
- Walla Walla High School Rifle Team Captain Commits to Naval Academy
- Influx in car prowlers hits Tri-Cities
- Yakima City officials speak out in response to recent shooting death