This is an email that we got today from a woman in Richland advising of a possible telephone phishing scam with a caller claiming to be from the IRS:
I have gotten 4 phone calls this morning from 202-459-6109. The pre-recorded message is of an Asian sounding male, purportedly an IRS agent, calling with an important message concerning a law suit that is being filed against me. It goes on to warn, if I don’t call back this number, asking for Dean Jones, all he can do is to wish me luck. I have looked the number up on the internet, and many complaints are being lodged about this very phone call. I have not called back the number, but am worried that unsuspecting receivers of these calls may be scammed into something. Thank you.
- Turkey blocks Wikipedia over what it calls terror 'smear campaign'
- Rattlesnakes come out of hibernation in the Tri-Cities
- Community members spread messages of acceptance outside of Prosser school
- Community scared after recent violence in Yakima
- Goats return to manage levee vegetation along Mill Creek
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties