Kittitas County Sheriff's Deputies respond to an injury snowmobile accident about 5 miles east of Snoqualmie Pass Saturday afternoon.
The accident involved 40-year-old Eveleen Promise of Granite Falls and her 13-year-old daughter who was a passenger.
The snowmobilers went off the groomed route and approximately 30 feet down a steep hill, coming to rest near a creek. Both riders received numerous injuries. The mother was in serious to critical condition and was transported by helicopter to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle. The daughter was transported by ground ambulance to Overlake Medical Center in Bellevue.
The incident occurred while the Sheriff's Office and Search and Rescue personnel were conducting their annual avalanche certification training at Alpental Ski area, only 5 miles away from where the incident occurred.
- Community scared after recent violence in Yakima
- Goats return to manage levee vegetation along Mill Creek
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Thrift store and non-profit continues fight against homelessness
- Police arrest suspect in murder of 14-year-old boy
- Man charged with assaulting 7-week-old daughter