An Ellensburg man has been arrested for allegedly starting a fire near his vehicle that got out of control last night near the Big Horn turnout at mile post 21 on State Route 821.
56-year-old Dominick Desimone is currently held in the Kittitas County Corrections Center on $250,000 bail.
The Bureau of Land Management is currently battling the fire. As of 9:30 a.m. today, the fire is 90% contained and has burned about 265 acres. SR 821 is open and there were no homes evacuated or structures lost.
Resources were diverted from the Snag Canyon Fire to help fight the fire.
- Bud Clary Toyota of Yakima supports student attendance with bicycle give away
- Pilot escapes plane crash unharmed
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack
- Early morning Tanglewood Apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities