An Ellensburg man has been arrested for allegedly starting a fire near his vehicle that got out of control last night near the Big Horn turnout at mile post 21 on State Route 821.
56-year-old Dominick Desimone is currently held in the Kittitas County Corrections Center on $250,000 bail.
The Bureau of Land Management is currently battling the fire. As of 9:30 a.m. today, the fire is 90% contained and has burned about 265 acres. SR 821 is open and there were no homes evacuated or structures lost.
Resources were diverted from the Snag Canyon Fire to help fight the fire.
- Local youth refugee performance works to inspire positive change
- Community rallies behind Meals on Wheels
- Store owners on high alert due to shoplifting spike in Kennewick
- Wildlife, forestry groups presenting in Yakima for 4-day convention
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome