An Ellensburg man has been arrested for allegedly starting a fire near his vehicle that got out of control last night near the Big Horn turnout at mile post 21 on State Route 821.
56-year-old Dominick Desimone is currently held in the Kittitas County Corrections Center on $250,000 bail.
The Bureau of Land Management is currently battling the fire. As of 9:30 a.m. today, the fire is 90% contained and has burned about 265 acres. SR 821 is open and there were no homes evacuated or structures lost.
Resources were diverted from the Snag Canyon Fire to help fight the fire.
- Home Builders Association warns flood victims of scams and provides tips
- Annual Fire Ops Training shows daily work of a firefighter
- 86-year-old Selah man struck, killed by SUV while driving scooter
- Police trying to identify 2 suspects involved in credit card skimming at Shell station
- Pasco police chief concerned about the identity of potential Uber drivers
- Richland begins construction of second dog park