An Ellensburg man has been arrested for allegedly starting a fire near his vehicle that got out of control last night near the Big Horn turnout at mile post 21 on State Route 821.
56-year-old Dominick Desimone is currently held in the Kittitas County Corrections Center on $250,000 bail.
The Bureau of Land Management is currently battling the fire. As of 9:30 a.m. today, the fire is 90% contained and has burned about 265 acres. SR 821 is open and there were no homes evacuated or structures lost.
Resources were diverted from the Snag Canyon Fire to help fight the fire.
- Washington hosting 100 community fireworks displays on 4th of July
- Firework stands open up on tribal land
- Authorities warning swimmers after man was swept away in Yakima River
- Man fatally shot by Kent police during pursuit identified
- Credit card skimmers on the rise in grocery stores
- Veterans benefiting from free community acupuncture