Kittitas County, Wash. -- Kittitas County Sheriff's deputies responded just after 3 AM today to the 4000 block of Thrall Road south of Ellensburg to a report of a prowler. Upon arrival deputies discovered a one vehicle rollover collision and 20-year-old Gunnar Genge standing in the front yard bleeding.
The investigation indicates that Genge allegedly had wrecked his own vehicle and then attempted to steal a pickup parked in front of the residence. He drove that pickup into the garage door and damaged the door as well as another vehicle parked inside the garage. He then took the keys from inside the pickup and attempted to enter the residence but was stopped by law enforcement prior to gaining entry.
Genge sustained minor injuries.
A search warrant was obtained for Genges’ blood and the results are pending. Genge was booked for Attempted Residential Burglary, Theft of a motor vehicle and malicious mischief 1st. More charges are pending.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds