Kittitas County, Wash. -- Kittitas County Sheriff's deputies responded just after 3 AM today to the 4000 block of Thrall Road south of Ellensburg to a report of a prowler. Upon arrival deputies discovered a one vehicle rollover collision and 20-year-old Gunnar Genge standing in the front yard bleeding.
The investigation indicates that Genge allegedly had wrecked his own vehicle and then attempted to steal a pickup parked in front of the residence. He drove that pickup into the garage door and damaged the door as well as another vehicle parked inside the garage. He then took the keys from inside the pickup and attempted to enter the residence but was stopped by law enforcement prior to gaining entry.
Genge sustained minor injuries.
A search warrant was obtained for Genges’ blood and the results are pending. Genge was booked for Attempted Residential Burglary, Theft of a motor vehicle and malicious mischief 1st. More charges are pending.
- Bud Clary Toyota of Yakima supports student attendance with bicycle give away
- Pilot escapes plane crash unharmed
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack
- Early morning Tanglewood Apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities