EAST WENATCHEE, Wash. (AP) -- Police say a Wenatchee 18-year-old who couldn't swim waded into water over his head and drowned. The Wenatchee World reports (http://bit.ly/1kwoFd0 ) Eduardo Felipe-Escalante was with friends who also couldn't swim when he stumbled Saturday afternoon at Porter's Pond, a Columbia River cove in East Wenatchee. He was found by fire department divers but could not be revived and died early Sunday at Central Washington Hospital.
- Ousted South Korean president's confidante sentenced
- Vulnerable pets earn second chance at life with generous donation
- Lineup ready for Yakima's Apple Jam talent search
- Burning of garbage cause of West Valley fire
- Camp Hope in Yakima sticking around until possibly November
- Funding for Yakima downtown plaza once again a problem