EAST WENATCHEE, Wash. (AP) -- Police say a Wenatchee 18-year-old who couldn't swim waded into water over his head and drowned. The Wenatchee World reports (http://bit.ly/1kwoFd0 ) Eduardo Felipe-Escalante was with friends who also couldn't swim when he stumbled Saturday afternoon at Porter's Pond, a Columbia River cove in East Wenatchee. He was found by fire department divers but could not be revived and died early Sunday at Central Washington Hospital.
- Local youth refugee performance works to inspire positive change
- Community rallies behind Meals on Wheels
- Store owners on high alert due to shoplifting spike in Kennewick
- Wildlife, forestry groups presenting in Yakima for 4-day convention
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome