EAST WENATCHEE, Wash. (AP) -- Police say a Wenatchee 18-year-old who couldn't swim waded into water over his head and drowned. The Wenatchee World reports (http://bit.ly/1kwoFd0 ) Eduardo Felipe-Escalante was with friends who also couldn't swim when he stumbled Saturday afternoon at Porter's Pond, a Columbia River cove in East Wenatchee. He was found by fire department divers but could not be revived and died early Sunday at Central Washington Hospital.
- Accidental shooting at child's party leaves 1 man hurt
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima
- Man shot by deputy in Burien was carrying pen, not knife
- Lawsuit filed following police shooting in Washington state
- 5 year old girl found unconscious in pool
- Ex-boyfriend kills new boyfriend and then himself