The Kittitas County Emergency Operations Center has removed the Level 1 evacuation notice for Woods & Steele Road, as the South Cle Elum Ridge Fire is now 77% contained. Roadblocks for the South Cle Elum Ridge Fire will remain in place for Forest Service Road 4510, Forest Service Road 3350 at the junction with Forest Service Road 119, and at Forest Service Road 3300 at the South Fork Taneum Creek bridge.
The Snag Canyon Fire evacuation levels and roadblocks remain the same. The fire is now 76% contained. Fire operations are expecting a wind event for Tuesday morning, and while they feel they will maintain control of the fire, the evacuation levels will remain in place as a precaution.
Anyone with questions can contact the Emergency Operations Center at 509-933-8305, or contact the Fire Information Office at 509-731-3641.
- Local youth refugee performance works to inspire positive change
- Community rallies behind Meals on Wheels
- Store owners on high alert due to shoplifting spike in Kennewick
- Wildlife, forestry groups presenting in Yakima for 4-day convention
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome