The Kittitas County Emergency Operations Center has removed the Level 1 evacuation notice for Woods & Steele Road, as the South Cle Elum Ridge Fire is now 77% contained. Roadblocks for the South Cle Elum Ridge Fire will remain in place for Forest Service Road 4510, Forest Service Road 3350 at the junction with Forest Service Road 119, and at Forest Service Road 3300 at the South Fork Taneum Creek bridge.
The Snag Canyon Fire evacuation levels and roadblocks remain the same. The fire is now 76% contained. Fire operations are expecting a wind event for Tuesday morning, and while they feel they will maintain control of the fire, the evacuation levels will remain in place as a precaution.
Anyone with questions can contact the Emergency Operations Center at 509-933-8305, or contact the Fire Information Office at 509-731-3641.
- Tri-City Americans picked 9th, 16th overall in NHL draft
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement