SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) -- U.S. Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers says she will seek her sixth term in the U.S. House from Washington's Fifth Congressional District.
McMorris Rodgers on Monday announced the kickoff of her re-election campaign. The Fifth District includes Spokane and the eastern third of the state.
McMorris Rodgers is a member of House Republican leadership and is the highest ranking GOP woman in Congress.
She says her top priorities have been to control federal spending and stop needless regulations.
- Firework stands open up on tribal land
- Authorities warning swimmers after man was swept away in Yakima River
- Man fatally shot by Kent police during pursuit identified
- Credit card skimmers on the rise in grocery stores
- Veterans benefiting from free community acupuncture
- Wildfires in central Washington cover more than 6,000 acres