SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) -- U.S. Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers says she will seek her sixth term in the U.S. House from Washington's Fifth Congressional District.
McMorris Rodgers on Monday announced the kickoff of her re-election campaign. The Fifth District includes Spokane and the eastern third of the state.
McMorris Rodgers is a member of House Republican leadership and is the highest ranking GOP woman in Congress.
She says her top priorities have been to control federal spending and stop needless regulations.
- Pilot escapes plane crash unharmed
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack
- Early morning Tanglewood Apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities
- Tri-City Americans picked 9th, 16th overall in NHL draft