SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) -- U.S. Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers says she will seek her sixth term in the U.S. House from Washington's Fifth Congressional District.
McMorris Rodgers on Monday announced the kickoff of her re-election campaign. The Fifth District includes Spokane and the eastern third of the state.
McMorris Rodgers is a member of House Republican leadership and is the highest ranking GOP woman in Congress.
She says her top priorities have been to control federal spending and stop needless regulations.
- 3 young children, 2 adults injured in wrong way collision on I-82
- Portland police detain people in downtown protest
- Gonzaga won't cancel Friday classes for Final Four
- State agency says more funds needed to fight wildfires
- Portion of S.R. 821 to close Saturday for Yakima River Canyon Marathon
- Portland-based comedian to perform at Hermiston Chamber luncheon