SEATTLE (AP) -- Police say a Seattle synagogue in the Capitol Hill neighborhood was vandalized with anti-Semitic Holocaust-denying graffiti.
The Seattle Times reports a police officer discovered the spray-painted message Friday morning on an exterior wall of Temple De Hirsch Sinai.
Rabbi Daniel Weiner says the message reads "The Holocaust is fake history." The "s" characters in the graffiti are dollar signs.
Weiner says it "really is a toxic mix of Holocaust denial, the stereotypical charge that Jews are obsessed with money, and the notion coming from the (President Trump) administration that all facts are fungible . fake facts, fake history."
Weiner says for a time Friday a bed sheet saying "Love Wins" was hung over the graffiti, but he thinks it's important for people to see what was done.
Seattle police are investigating the incident as a hate crime.
- Camp Hope in Yakima sticking around until possibly November
- Funding for Yakima downtown plaza once again a problem
- Healthcare providers bracing for hospital closure in Walla Walla
- Wapato public swimming pool set to open for summer
- Pasco officer donates car seats to vehicle theft victims
- Oregon joins states where roadkill can be harvested for food