TACOMA, Wash. (AP) - Security has been heightened at several Pierce County hospitals after a woman repeatedly tried to gain access to infants in birth centers.
Police have been notified of the problem but no one has been arrested. The unidentified woman was escorted out of the hospitals each time.
The News Tribune reports the woman has not touched or taken babies and it is unclear why she is attempting to access hospital units with newborns. She last tried to gain access Friday at Tacoma General Hospital's birth center.
Visitors to birth centers at Tacoma General and Mary Bridge Children's Hospital must sign in and show identification. They will also be escorted to the room they intend to visit.
- Washington hosting 100 community fireworks displays on 4th of July
- Firework stands open up on tribal land
- Authorities warning swimmers after man was swept away in Yakima River
- Man fatally shot by Kent police during pursuit identified
- Credit card skimmers on the rise in grocery stores
- Veterans benefiting from free community acupuncture