MT. VERNON, Wash. (AP) - The family of a police officer who went blind after he was shot while on duty says he is expected to return home on Valentine's Day.
Officer Mike McClaughry, 60, has been undergoing treatment since he was shot in the back of the head while responding to another shooting in Mount Vernon on Dec. 15.
The family says on his Facebook page that he will return home on Tuesday.
The post says: "Dad is coming home!! He will be coming home on Tuesday 2/14, yes Valentines Day!
Earlier this month, McClaughry told KING-TV that he's focused on going home after months of rehabilitation.
"I wanna do it," he said. "And if you wanna do it, it's gonna happen."
- Home Builders Association warns flood victims of scams and provides tips
- Annual Fire Ops Training shows daily work of a firefighter
- 86-year-old Selah man struck, killed by SUV while driving scooter
- Police trying to identify 2 suspects involved in credit card skimming at Shell station
- Pasco police chief concerned about the identity of potential Uber drivers
- Richland begins construction of second dog park