An emerging leader in the Republican Party is facing an investigation from the House Ethics Committee.
Washington Representative Cathy McMorris Rodgers is alleged to have improperly mixed her campaign money with official office funds.
The allegations stem from money she spent to be picked as the new leader of the House Republican Conference.
That's the fourth-highest spot in GOP leadership.
McMorris Rodgers entered the national spotlight last month when she gave the GOP response to the State of the Union address.
Her attorney said the congresswoman followed all appropriate rules and did nothing wrong.
- Bud Clary Toyota of Yakima supports student attendance with bicycle give away
- Pilot escapes plane crash unharmed
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack
- Early morning Tanglewood Apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities