An emerging leader in the Republican Party is facing an investigation from the House Ethics Committee.
Washington Representative Cathy McMorris Rodgers is alleged to have improperly mixed her campaign money with official office funds.
The allegations stem from money she spent to be picked as the new leader of the House Republican Conference.
That's the fourth-highest spot in GOP leadership.
McMorris Rodgers entered the national spotlight last month when she gave the GOP response to the State of the Union address.
Her attorney said the congresswoman followed all appropriate rules and did nothing wrong.
- 4 arrested after Walmart shoplifting in Pasco
- Officials warn increased wood debris to float down lower Columbia River
- Evidence builds as witnesses testify in Beckford murder trial
- Washington unemployment rate drops to 4.9 percent
- Money-saving tips for 20-somethings
- Are you suffering from job burnout?