Crews begin work this week on the Mabton-Sunnyside bridge on State Route 24.
Department of Transportation crews will be reinforcing the deteriorating bridge with steel beams over the next few weeks, after closing it a few weeks ago.
Construction is expected to last through the end of the month, drivers should expect a 15 to 20 minute detour to be added to their travel time.
- Returning property owners not convinced Mother Nature is to blame for recent flooding
- Yakima council presents draft of ‘inclusive public safety ordinance'
- Yakima council votes against raising car tab fees
- Richland extends Benton County jail contract
- First eating disorder treatment program begins in Kennewick
- Jury hears interview with defendant during retrial for former police officer accused of rape