Crews begin work this week on the Mabton-Sunnyside bridge on State Route 24.
Department of Transportation crews will be reinforcing the deteriorating bridge with steel beams over the next few weeks, after closing it a few weeks ago.
Construction is expected to last through the end of the month, drivers should expect a 15 to 20 minute detour to be added to their travel time.
- Accidental shooting at child's party leaves 1 man hurt
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima
- Man shot by deputy in Burien was carrying pen, not knife
- Lawsuit filed following police shooting in Washington state
- 5 year old girl found unconscious in pool
- Ex-boyfriend kills new boyfriend and then himself