The replacement of a traffic signal pole and the activation of the new pole will impact drivers during the evening hours tonight in the area near the intersection of 1st Street and MLK, Jr. Boulevard.
Crews from the City of Yakima and Knobel Electric will begin removal of an existing traffic signal pole on the southwest corner of the intersection at 7:00 pm tonight. Work to install a new pole and activate a new traffic signal is expected to be completed by midnight that day. While the project is underway, traffic signals at the intersection of 1st Street and MLK, Jr. Blvd will be periodically disabled.
During the project, traffic delays in the area are likely to occur. Drivers should use alternate routes if possible until the project is completed.
Access to businesses in the area will be maintained and traffic will be allowed through the project area when possible.
As always, the schedule for this type of a project is subject to change daily dependent on weather, equipment failure, and emergencies.
- Richland council accepting Code Enforcement Board applications
- Absent budget deal, Washington prepares for a shutdown
- 3 jailed on suspicion of graffiting vehicles
- Officials nab serial credit card fraud suspect
- Woman in jail after stabbing boyfriend in gentials
- Kennewick Police searching for man suspected of child rape