Staff were held in place as Kamiakin High School was briefly placed on a lock down today after reports of a person with a gun in the area.
Officers responded to an apartment complex nearby and found two 12-year-old boys had been playing with air soft guns.
Officers said each boy had a gun and they were pointing it at each other.
The guns looked like the ones witnesses reported.
Officers said these days it is dangerous for kids to play in public places with guns because citizens call the police and officers respond to the scene with real guns loaded, not knowing what to expect.
- Benton County deputies seize $1.6 million of marijuana
- 1 dead after semi vs. train collision near I-82
- Patients react to Walla Walla General Hospital closure announcement
- Landscaping product business burglarized by two masked men
- Yakima council will revisit public safety ordinance
- Yakima Chamber of Commerce announces 2017 community service award recipient