Staff were held in place as Kamiakin High School was briefly placed on a lock down today after reports of a person with a gun in the area.
Officers responded to an apartment complex nearby and found two 12-year-old boys had been playing with air soft guns.
Officers said each boy had a gun and they were pointing it at each other.
The guns looked like the ones witnesses reported.
Officers said these days it is dangerous for kids to play in public places with guns because citizens call the police and officers respond to the scene with real guns loaded, not knowing what to expect.
- Inmate populations in Yakima County climbing fast
- Home improvement scams on the rise this Spring
- Two police officers promoted in ceremony in West Richland
- Uber driver waits for Pasco city approval
- UPDATE: Community debates Prosser SD staff's actions
- Yakima city leaders still working on an "inclusive public safety ordinance'