Staff were held in place as Kamiakin High School was briefly placed on a lock down today after reports of a person with a gun in the area.
Officers responded to an apartment complex nearby and found two 12-year-old boys had been playing with air soft guns.
Officers said each boy had a gun and they were pointing it at each other.
The guns looked like the ones witnesses reported.
Officers said these days it is dangerous for kids to play in public places with guns because citizens call the police and officers respond to the scene with real guns loaded, not knowing what to expect.
- Local youth refugee performance works to inspire positive change
- Community rallies behind Meals on Wheels
- Store owners on high alert due to shoplifting spike in Kennewick
- Wildlife, forestry groups presenting in Yakima for 4-day convention
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome