Richland High School students are talking to students at Badger Mountain Elementary School about perseverance.
Boys and girls varsity basketball teams mentor the young students about what it means to be an athlete and working through adversity.
Two players say it's important for kids to learn now not to give up on anything.
"We're here to talk about perseverance and how to push through struggles in life," said Sarah McCormik.
"When the going gets tough, they need to keep working, push through it so the you can be successful. Never give up," said Nathan Streufert.
The high school students also read stories in the primary classrooms and shared their personal testimonies about becoming who they are today.
- Benton County deputies seize $1.6 million of marijuana
- 1 dead after semi vs. train collision near I-82
- Patients react to Walla Walla General Hospital closure announcement
- Landscaping product business burglarized by two masked men
- Yakima council will revisit public safety ordinance
- Yakima Chamber of Commerce announces 2017 community service award recipient