Richland High School students are talking to students at Badger Mountain Elementary School about perseverance.
Boys and girls varsity basketball teams mentor the young students about what it means to be an athlete and working through adversity.
Two players say it's important for kids to learn now not to give up on anything.
"We're here to talk about perseverance and how to push through struggles in life," said Sarah McCormik.
"When the going gets tough, they need to keep working, push through it so the you can be successful. Never give up," said Nathan Streufert.
The high school students also read stories in the primary classrooms and shared their personal testimonies about becoming who they are today.
- Local youth refugee performance works to inspire positive change
- Community rallies behind Meals on Wheels
- Store owners on high alert due to shoplifting spike in Kennewick
- Wildlife, forestry groups presenting in Yakima for 4-day convention
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome