The Richland City Council gave the green light to the six year transportation improvement plan which includes extending Rachel Road.
The council voted 3-2 last night to pass the transportation plan.
Public Works Director Pete Rogalsky said the way Rachel Road is drawn in the improvement plan isn't necessarily how it will be done.
Right now Rachel Road is set to run through the Amon Creek Natural Preserve.
There is no set date on when the city will make a final decision on Rachel Road.
- Police looking for shoplifters
- Demands to Qatar: Close Al Jazeera, reduce Iran ties
- The Latest: Apartment surveillance video shows no intruder in Seattle fatal shooting
- Total solar eclipse casts spotlight on rural Oregon town
- Why North Korea, US don't want all-out war
- Ousted South Korean president's confidante sentenced