Richland High School sophomore Swetha Shutthanandan earned a Gold Medal in the Science category at the GENIUS International Olympiad held June 15-20 in Oswego, New York. Her project is "Next Generation Supercapacitors for Ultra Fast Energy Harvesting". Only 22 projects received a Gold Medal out of the 217 entered for judging.
Her project also earned a Silver Medal in the Energy category at the International Sustainable World Energy Engineering Environment Project Olympiad (ISWEEEP) held in Houston in April and a 3rd Place Grand Award in the Energy and Transportation category at the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF) held in May in Los Angeles.
- Residents lose everything in apartment fire over the weekend
- 'It tears me up:' Trophy shop immortalizes fallen soldiers
- Authorities search for man lost in the Yakima River
- Fire officials urge public to use caution when burning outdoors
- Ride Transit Month: Environmental benefits
- Crews battle fire on I-82 East outside of Prosser