Richland High School sophomore Swetha Shutthanandan earned a Gold Medal in the Science category at the GENIUS International Olympiad held June 15-20 in Oswego, New York. Her project is "Next Generation Supercapacitors for Ultra Fast Energy Harvesting". Only 22 projects received a Gold Medal out of the 217 entered for judging.
Her project also earned a Silver Medal in the Energy category at the International Sustainable World Energy Engineering Environment Project Olympiad (ISWEEEP) held in Houston in April and a 3rd Place Grand Award in the Energy and Transportation category at the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF) held in May in Los Angeles.
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds
- Upgrade your posters for a fresh look
- Trial of 2 Spokane psychologists over CIA torture pushed to Sept.
- Man charged with felony assault over missing cigarette
- Woman wanted by authorities for escape from community custody