Richland High School's Destination Imagination team (see attached photo) earned First Place at the Destination Imagination Global Finals May 24 in Knoxville, Tennessee. The Richland High team won the "Dig In" category over 63 teams from around the United States and the world. Team members are: Jackson Chin, Maddie Graves, Ryan Walker, Brendan Birchenough, Ben Graves, and Mickinley Chin (Carmichael Middle School). The team also received special recognition with a Renaissance Award which is given to one or two teams per division for outstanding design, engineering, execution, and/or performance.
“The kids kept clear, focused minds and quickly resolved a number of issues that arose during the week,” noted team managers Lori and George Chin. “They did an amazing job.”
Destination Imagination (DI) helps young people build skills in creative and critical thinking, teamwork, and problem solving. Up to seven participants work together as a team for eight to twelve weeks to create their unique solution to a Team Challenge, which can have a focus that is theatrical, structural, improvisational, scientific or technical. Over 1400 teams representing 48 states and 30 other countries qualified for this year’s Global Finals.
- 7 dead in Kashmir cable car accident
- Displaced and desperate: 'I will never go back to Marawi'
- Neighboring houses catch fire in Pasco
- Woman's body found on park trail in Everett
- Store clerks and customers disarm robber, hold suspect down until police arrive
- Accidental shooting at child's party leaves 1 man hurt