The Richland Fire Department is investgating the cause of a house fire this morning that forced one man out of his home tonight.
The man renting out the home does does not wish to be on camera or for his name to be released but he did tell me he's devastated to have lost everything.
The fire broke out around 7:00 a.m. On the 900 block of Smith Ave.
The man says be he had just left his home and was down the street when someone told him flames were coming from his home.
Within minutes, the house was engulfed in flames and he lost his two dogs and bird.
He says he's glad firefighters were able to save his late wife's urn.
He will be staying with family and friends for now and the Red Cross says they will help him get back on his feet.
Investgators do not have a cause on the fire yet, but they have ruled out arson and are looking further into the possibility of a space heater starting it.
- Accidental shooting at child's party leaves 1 man hurt
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima
- Man shot by deputy in Burien was carrying pen, not knife
- Lawsuit filed following police shooting in Washington state
- 5 year old girl found unconscious in pool
- Ex-boyfriend kills new boyfriend and then himself