A Richland man pleads guilty to raping and killing 9-month-old Serenity Reedy in June 2013.
Jose Aguilar changed his plea this morning, pleading guilty to 1st-degree child rape and 2nd-degree murder with two aggravated circumstances in the death of his girlfriend's daughter.
Aguilar is facing a minimum of 40 years in prison.
"It's my belief that he'll die in prison," said Prosecuting Attorney Andy Miller.
According to court documents, the baby girl was found dead in her crib with a fractured skull and injuries to her vaginal area.
Aguilar will be back in court on September 10th for sentencing.
- Goats return to manage levee vegetation along Mill Creek
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Thrift store and non-profit continues fight against homelessness
- Police arrest suspect in murder of 14-year-old boy
- Man charged with assaulting 7-week-old daughter
- 10-year-old donates earnings to shooting victim's family