Richland Police is looking for your help in identifying whoever is responsible for starting a suspicious fire Wednesday afternoon in the area of Davison and Newcomer.
An incendiary device commonly known as a “Molotov cocktail” was set on fire in the roadway near the intersection. A passerby saw the fire and put it out. The device appeared to be a glass container with a flammable substance inside.
A witness in the area observed the suspect on a bicycle and described him as a 14-18 year of age white man with shaggy brown hair. The man fled on the bicycle, last seen westbound on Newcomer.
There is information to believe that the suspect may have been burned on the left arm or hand area, to what degree is unknown. RPD is seeking assistance in identifying any teenage males fitting the description of the suspect with suspicious burns on the left hand and arm.
Anyone with information regarding this incident can contact Richland Police Detective Dean Murstig at 509-942-7798.
- Gunshot victim walks into police station
- Keystone XL pipeline would only create 35 permanent jobs
- A shoplifter on the loose, police need your help to identify him
- Putin meets French far-right candidate Marine Le Pen at Kremlin
- Afghan troops withdraw from key area in fight with Taliban
- Khalid Masood: What we know about the London attacker