The City of Richland and its vendor are in the process of removing hazardous trees throughout the City.
Richland has an inventory of 5,621 trees and has identified 80 trees for removal based on poor health, location to infrastructure, and age.
The tree removal is City-wide and includes tree removal in Columbia Playfield, Gillespie Parkway, Howard Amon Park, Jefferson Park, and other locations.
The City is implementing a tree replacement program to compliment the surrounding area and long term maintenance.
- Goats return to manage levee vegetation along Mill Creek
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Thrift store and non-profit continues fight against homelessness
- Police arrest suspect in murder of 14-year-old boy
- Man charged with assaulting 7-week-old daughter
- 10-year-old donates earnings to shooting victim's family