The Richland School District is closer to renovating the visitor-side bleachers at Fran Rish Stadium.
The school board approved the design and construction documents for the stadium project last night.
The district will begin seeking bids for the project, which is estimated to cost $2 million.
Construction is expected to begin after football season ends.
The new building will comply with accessibility regulations and include updated bathrooms and better accommodations for coaches and the media.
The renovation is one of several projects paid for by a voter approved $98 million dollar bond.
- Goats return to manage levee vegetation along Mill Creek
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Thrift store and non-profit continues fight against homelessness
- Police arrest suspect in murder of 14-year-old boy
- Man charged with assaulting 7-week-old daughter
- 10-year-old donates earnings to shooting victim's family