The Richland School Distric is now apologizing for removing the R and H from Fran Rish Stadium.
District spokesperson Steve Aagard told your local ABC that the Superintendent is now asking the community for ideas on how to replace the letters.
In a letter released by the school district any who wished to be involed is urged to call or email Superintendent Dr. Rick Schulte.
Aagard said the Superintendent is going to make a decision on how to replace the letters based the communitie's feedback and suggestions from the architect remodeling the visitors sections of the bleachers.
The school board's next meeting is tomorrow night at 6:30 at the administrative service center.
Anyone can address the issue then during the public portion of the meeting.
- Local youth refugee performance works to inspire positive change
- Community rallies behind Meals on Wheels
- Store owners on high alert due to shoplifting spike in Kennewick
- Wildlife, forestry groups presenting in Yakima for 4-day convention
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome